VITURO HEALTH MEDICARE ELITE ACCESS PROGRAM
Effective July 1, 2017 Medicare issued a Temporary C-Code C9747 for facility coverage ONLY.
- As of today, most MACS are reimbursing, for out-of-pocket cost to a patient please contact a Vituro Health patient care coordinator. This is something we monitor closely with each jurisdictional MAC.
- Facilities covered are Hospital Outpatient Facility or Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
- C9747, for the ablation of the prostate, transrectal, high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) including imaged guidance.
- This procedure being assigned a HCPCS code and a payment rate under the OPPS does not imply coverage by Medicare.
- Assigns a value if the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) determines it meets requirements for coverage. (11 MACS)
- MACs make determination for all settings – Hospital, ASC and HOPD
WHAT IS A C-CODE?
- C-codes are unique temporary pricing codes established by CMS, and apply only to the hospital outpatient setting, while some C-codes also are payable in the ambulatory surgery center setting. They are separately payable and should be reported and billed together with the appropriate current procedural terminology or health-care common procedure coding system code.
WHAT DOES CODE C-9747 COVER?
- Facility (hospital, ASC or outpatient facility)- where the procedure is performed.
WHAT DOES MY OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS COVER?
- Vituro Health HIFU physician-who performs the HIFU procedure.
- Anesthesiologist-delivers anesthesia
- Vituro Health Patient Advocacy Center
Please contact the Vituro Health Care Center for more information.
Tulsa Pro- Medicare Coverage
As of now, there is no C-Code for the TULSA Pro procedure. As such we would not anticipate any coverage for this procedure by Medicare or a Medicare advantage plan.